Friday, March 8, 2013

Springs of Life-giving Water



Wearied from a day’s journey, I see a clear river running in a valley of trees. I go to drink of this water; it is so refreshing that I am instantly renewed. As I continue on the way, I follow the water to a mountain. Climbing up the steep side, I come to another level and see a pool of clear, sparkling water that feeds the water running down and into the river in the valley. I hear the sound of water flowing. I look where I hear the sound coming from, and I see Christ on the Cross. It's as if he is part of the mountain. The water flowing from his side is the sound that I hear. Getting closer still, I see the blood and water gushing forth from His side. This water that pools and then flows down the mountain from the side of Christ is the love of the Father, but in a way that we can receive it. I imagine the Father's love as a vast, deep, clear, blue ocean. It is just on the other side of the mountain, and I want to immerse myself in His love. However, it is so vast that I think I might drown. Jesus' death allows for us to be able to receive the Love of the Father. The closer we get to Jesus, the closer we get to his Cross and gain more access to our Father's love. In order to fully receive the Father's love, we must climb on the cross of Christ. We will never fully receive the best love without carrying our crosses with Him who died for us. Christ is the Gateway, the glorious Tap from which we are able to gain access to our Father's infinite love. Through the Son, comes the Father’s mercy and grace immeasurable. We are invited to come drink the living water that will satisfy, nourish, and heal. Only this water will not make us thirsty for anything else. This is our life's journey: to daily take on the search to find the source of this water. And then upon finding it, continually receive as much as we can in the cup of our hearts, so that we can help others find their way there, too.

“The one who sits on the throne will shelter them. They will not hunger or thirst anymore, nor will the sun or any heat strike them. For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and  
God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” Revelation 7:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment